Mac Repair Edinburgh have been offering a professional, cost effective, service to the local Apple Macintosh market since 2009.We are Edinburgh’s number one independent Mac support repairs centre open 7 days a week, and with emergency engineers on call up to 9pm daily.
We are recognised as offering the most competitive prices for support and repairs throughout Scotland. Tel: 0845 8340933 (Local Call Rate) Key in Ext 5
Our business was grown out of a passion for everything Apple, and the technology that today make there products such a global phenomenon!
Our Mac Engineers are highly trained, extremely knowledgeable, friendly, passionate about there Mac’s and yours, and not geeky like the PC engineers out there!
All of our engineers are fully trained to high standard and can come to you at your business or home, or if you prefer you can drop it off at our local repair work shop. We also offer iPhone parts and repair and iPad repair through the following links.
Our aim is to get you back up and running again as fast as possible!
Here are just some of the services We offer for your Apple Computer.
Apple Mac Repairs (on site, or at your home or business)
- Apple Home or Business Support
- Apple & Adobe Training
- Apple Data Recovery
- Apple upgrades
- Apple Parts
- Apple Mac Screen Replacement
- Apple Mac Sales
And yes! FREE APPLE MAC ADVICE.
We under stand how important your Mac is to you, and what a important part in plays in your day to day life.
That’s why we make it our priority to get you back up and running again as fast as we can, with all the love your Mac deserves.
Mac is not just a computer………. for many it’s a way of life!
We provides support and repairs throughout our Mac Repairs Partners.
We also have branches in Glasgow and London.
So if your suffering from an immediate support issue, or require a cost effective fast turn around repair.
We are your one stop solution in Edinburgh for Apple Mac Repairs. We also post regular press releases online in regards to new company activity. Read about our new Express iPad repair brand @ Journalism.
We are able to deal with all out of warranty Apple Macintosh computer repairs including, Mac Pro, iMac, Xserve, Powermac G4, Power Mac G5, Macbook Pro, iMac, Macbook, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, iBook, Powerbook G4.
Recent Job Requests:
1) I have a MacBookPro 2.2 GHz Core Duo original (August2007).Suddenly,my LCD screen cracked.I would like to enquire about how much it will cost to replace it and how long it will take.Thank you!
2) I’m a presenter at BBC in Manchester. Do you do replacement Iphone screens? LCD seems fine, all working just shattered film/screen. If so, how fast?
3)Hi there, we spoke a week or two ago and booked my ibook G3 in to get fixed in Liverpool this Monday. Unfortunately I have just found out that I will be working in London for the next three weeks so will have to cancel the appointment.When I know where I will be for any length of time I will be back in touch.
4) I just bought a second hand imac 20inch silver, which I believe to be a 2.0GHZ Intel imac with a 1GB stick in. I got it back and tried to turn the system on, but all I get is a black screen.I have tried sticking a Snow Leopard DVD in and that didnt help any.Tried resetting the SMC etc but no effect. Is there anything else I can try or do I need to get it fixed?
5) my mac will switch it self of after about two hours,then i have to wait about three hours before it comes back on.it will do this a few times, then not come on at all. i think it is a mac.
6) Im having trouble when starting up my mac, when switched on it sounds fine as it starts up but stays on the white screen with the apple logo in the centre and cannot load up to the normal desktop screen. This problem occured after i dropped the mac, so really the problem could be anything.
7) Hi, iv just recently been experiencing problems with my macbook. When i turn the macbook on it comes up with flashing folder with a question mark in it. Now iv done a little research and apparantly its a hard drive failure and also called apple and they have confirmed ot is a hardware issue. Is this possible to fix but also saving my data on there hard drive?
8. I have an imac 24 inch that is flashing the file sign everytime I switch it on. I have had it for 3 years. I have done some research and realised that it requires a new hard drive. I have been quoted on a website 80.00 pounds to fix it. How much do you charge ?
9. Hi Mac Repair Edinburgh team! I have just moved to Wapping and my Macbook cannot connect to the internet in the new flat. I cannot access the router in the building, so just need a brief visit for someone to do this for me. How much would that cost,please?
10. I need the logic board replaced on my G5 (about 4 years old) can you tell me approximately how much it would cost.
11. I have an iMac which I am currently having a problem with. I cannot boot my mac and when I try to run disc utility booting from my install cd it tells me to reformat my hard drive. I have tried reinstalling OSX snow leopard but it says I cannot install it to my hard drive as the disc is corrupt! I don’t have any backups and am reluctant to reformat my hard drive and reinstall. I wondered if you might have any solutions?
12. hi im having a lot of trouble with my 2-3 year old macbook , i think it needs a new harddrive and perhaps the processor needs upgrading as it keeps stalling ,(i would like the processor speed upgraded anyway as i run logic pro on the thing ,,,, could you do this for me if so please e mail me … ps it was working fine until my neice dropped it.
13. my reliable mac g5 model A1047 turns on but wont boot to the desk top stage. All i get is a grey screen and the fan whizzing faster and faster. i have tried a safe boot and nothing. This happened after i updated some software from apple (i tunes and an airport update). Not sure what to do next i appeciate that the machine is getting on and if its something i can fix fairly cheaply happy to do so but if it going to be expensive then probably better getting an intel model. thanks.
14. My mac conked out on me yesterday. It is neither an issue with the battery or powers supply so i would like to know if you could look at it for me to let me know whether it can be fixed or i have to recover data onto an external hardrive till i have the opportunity to buy a new one.
15. Hi Mac Repair Edinburgh Team, I have a few queries for you and would be very thankful if you could spare the time to answer them!1. My imac’s dvd drive has failed. It struggles to eject disks and on several occasions has made me resort to trying to free the disks out. How much would a replacement drive cost and how long would this normally take to install? I use my imac for video editing, shooting on HD and using FCP. Having recently purchased some new camera tech (and as result producing a higher quality image), the computer struggles to keep up when editing the footage: it ‘stutters’ and whirs and the spinning wheel keeps appearing. It’s near impossible to edit anything. Is there any way of loading the computer with more memory or RAM(?) to make it quicker for dealing with this sort of thing? Again, if so, how much would this cost and how long would it take to upgrade? Is the computer too old a model to now to upgrade for such a thing? Do you guys do call outs or drive out to pick up computers? Or does the customer have to drop off the computer at your office? Thank you for your time, if I can supply you with any other info, please get in touch.
16. I have spilt coffee on my Macbook. I removed the battery, cleaned it up and dried it out. The computer starts, loads etc but although I can move the cursor I cannot click on the mouse – it won’t ‘click’. I cannot access the serial number, I bought the laptop about 3 years ago. I could drop the Macbook off anytime today. Please could you give me some idea of cost?
17. A few days ago, laptop froze and shut down – once I’d restarted it, it wouldnt get past the grey screen, got into a cycle of restarting itself. I haven’t got the original install discs, can’t find them anywhere so borrowed a friends, loaded them up, pressed alt and it gave me the option to boot from the CD somanaged to get into Disk Utility but it won’t let me do anything as the disks are model specific.Don’t really want to spend loads as I had to get the screen repaired not so long ago and I may as well buy a new one.
18. My screen has a lot of pressure marks amongst other bits on it now, and while still completely useable, I was wondering the cost on replacing it, and what options there are.
I would also like to enquire about the possibility of turning round a repair during a day, for example I’d drop it off in the morning first thing and pick it up at the end of the day.
19. Hi Mac Repair Edinburgh, I have a Powerbook circa 2003, Titanium G4 Laptop. Old as I know it is believe it or not I still use it. I recently dropped it and broke the casing (no damage to the actual screen) on the right hand corner of the screen. It is insured and I need to get a quote for the repairs (if parts are still available) or a replacement if not. I live near Milton Keynes and can bring the laptop in for assessment, if this is something you might be able to repair?
20. I bought my iMac in 2010. It has stopped working which appears due to the hard disk being corrupt. A friend to the hard disk out and we managed to get off it the things we needed prior to reformatting it etc. As he did this he damaged the screen cable connector on the circuit board…… He also damaged the small cable on the front edge that you take off when you lift the screen. I need these fixed and the hard disk formatted and reloaded from CD. Please can you give me a view on the cost of this?If I don’t answer the phone immediately please do leave a message.